- RIS(for EndNote,Reference Manager,ProCite)
- Citation Only
- Citation and Abstract
Decreasing In-home Smoking of Adults—Results from a School-based Intervention Program in Viet Nam
1 Hanoi University of Public Health, 1A Duc Thang Road, Duc Thang Ward, North Tu Liem District, Hanoi, Viet Nam
2 Vietnam Public Health Association
3 University of Queensland, Australia
Received: , Accepted: , Published:
Special Issues: Scientific evidence for better health and health care in Vietnam
1. US DHHS (2006) The health consequences of involuntary exposure to tobacco smoke: A report of the Surgeon General. Atlanta, GA: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Coordinating Center for Health Promotion, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Office on Smoking and Health.
2. US DHHS (2007) Children and secondhand smoke exposure. Excerpts from the health consequences of involuntary exposure to tobacco smoke: A report of the Surgeon General. Atlanta, GA: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Coordinating Center for Health Promotion, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Office on Smoking and Health.
3. WHO (2009) WHO report on the global tobacco epidemic, 2009: Implementing smoke-free environments.
5. Suzuki M, Thiem VD, Yanai H, et al. (2009) Association of environmental tobacco smoking exposure with an increased risk of hospital admissions for pneumonia in children under 5 years of age in Vietnam. Thorax 64: 484-489.
6. Minh HV, Anh PTH, Huong LTT (2007) Study on the association between secondhand smoke and respiratory health of children under 6 years of age in Vietnam. Hanoi.
7. Huong LTT, Capra M, Cook M, et al. (2011) An explanatory and pilot study for the intervention program’s feasibility “Children Say No to Secondhand Smoke”. Vietnam Public Health J 8: 25-31.
8. Huong LTT, Capra M, Cook M, et al. (2016) The exposure of primary school children to secondhand smoke at home in selected communes of Chuong My district, Hanoi, 2011. Vietnam Public Health J 13: 91-97.
9. Nga PTQ, Ha LTT (2007) Evaluation of the effectiveness of the project "Reducing social acceptability of smoking in Vietnam". Hanoi: Vietnam Public Health Association & Health Bridge Canada. pp. 91.
10. Hai NK, Ngoc DA, Lam NT, et al. (2006) Effectiveness of the project "Creating a healthy and safe environment for children by cleaning the tobacco polluted air". Vietnam Public Health J 3: 41-46.
11. Wipfli H, Chau LB, Quy NT, et al. (2009) Passive smoking in households among women and children. Vietnam Public Health J 6: 46-51.
12. Huong LTT (2014) Developing Trial Intervention Model "Children Say No to Secondhand Smoke". Brisbane: University of Queensland. 252 p.
17. Xuan LTT, Rheinlander T, Hoat LN, et al. (2013) Teaching hand washing with soap for schoolchildren in a multi-ethnic population in northen rural Vietnam. Glob Health Act 6: 20288.
18. Trang BT, Ha NTC, Nhat HV (2006) Developing an intervention plan 'Smoke free home' at Chi Lang Nam commune, Hai Duong province. Hanoi: Hanoi School of Public Health. 59 p.
19. MOH (2010) Global Adult Tobacco Survey (GATS) Vietnam 2010. Hanoi: Ministry of Health.
20. Nga BP, Dinh LT, My DT, et al. (2010) Nature and Society 3, 6th edition. Hanoi: Education Publishing House.
21. Nga BP, Thai LV (2009) Sciences 5, 3rd edition. Hanoi: Education Publishing House.
22. Rohde JE, Sadjimin T (1980) Elementary-school pupils as health educators: Role of school health programmes in primary health-care. Lancet 1: 1350-1352.
23. Sonavane R, Deepthi R, Rodrigues R, et al. (2012) Children as change agents in creating peer awareness for ear health. Al Ameen J Med Sci 5: 376-380.
24. Olayiwole CB, Ezirim, Okoro GC (2003) Children as agents of sanitation and hygiene behaviour change; Abuja, Nigeria. pp. 55-57.
25. Winch PJ, Leontsini E, Rigau-Pérez JG, et al. (2002) Community-based dengue prevention programs in Puerto Rico: Impact on knowledge, behavior and residential mosquito infestation. Am J Trop Med Hyg 67: 363-370.
26. Bowen A, Ma H, Ou J, et al. (2007) A cluster-randomized controlled trial evaluating the effect of a handwashing-promotion program in Chinese primary schools. Am J Trop Med Hyg 76: 1166-1173.
27. Precioso J, Samorinha C, Calheiros JM, et al. (2010) Secondhand smoke (SHS) exposure in children. An evaluation for a preventative measure. Rev Port Pneumol 16: 57-72.
28. Siddiqi K, Sarmad R, Usmani RA, et al. (2010) Smoke-free homes: an intervention to reduce second-hand smoke exposure in households. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 14: 1336-1341.
30. Blanch C, Fernández E, Martínez-Sánchez JM, et al. (2013) Impact of a multi-level intervention to prevent secondhand smoke exposure in schoolchildren: a randomized cluster community trial. Prev Med 57: 585-590.
31. Huong LTT, Hai TV, Cuu NC, et al. (2009) Promotion of community's knowledge, attitudes and practices on dengue prevention in Binh Thanh commune, Thanh Binh district, Dong Thap province. Vietnam Public Health J 12: 40-45.
33. Borgers N, Hox J (2001) Item nonresponse in questionnaire with children. J Off Stat 17: 321-335.
Copyright Info: © 2016, Le Thi Thanh Huong, et al., licensee AIMS Press. This is an open access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licese (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0)