- RIS(for EndNote,Reference Manager,ProCite)
- Citation Only
- Citation and Abstract
Patterns of Mortality in the Elderly in Chi Linh, Hai Duong, Vietnam, Period 2004–2012
1 Department of Biostatistics, The Hanoi School of Public Health, Ha Noi, Vietnam
2 Information Technology Unit, The Hanoi School of Public Health, Ha Noi, Vietnam
Received: , Accepted: , Published:
Special Issues: Scientific evidence for better health and health care in Vietnam
Citation: Quyen Thi-Tu Bui, Cuong Viet Pham. Patterns of Mortality in the Elderly in Chi Linh, Hai Duong, Vietnam, Period 2004–2012. AIMS Public Health , 2016, 3(3): 615-628. doi: 10.3934/publichealth.2016.3.615
- 1. United Nations, Department of Economic and Social Affairs, Population Division (2010) World Population Prospects. The 2010 Revision.
- 2. Wang H, Dwyer-Lindgren L, Lofgren KT, et al. (2012) Age-specific and sex-specific mortality in 187 countries, 1970–2010: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2010. Lancet 380: 2071-2094.
- 3. Christensen K, Doblhammer G, Rau R, et al. (2009) Ageing populations: the challenges ahead. Lancet 374: 1196-1208.
- 4. United Nations, Department of Economic and Social Affairs, Population Division (2012) World Population Prospects. The 2012 Revision.
- 5. The World Bank Life Expectancy at Birth. Available from: http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SP.DYN.LE00.IN.
- 6. Gillum RF, Obisesan TO (2010) Physical activity, cognitive function, and mortality in a US national cohort. Ann Epidemiol 20: 251-257.
- 7. Gomez-Olive FX, Thorogood M, Bocquier P, et al. (2014) Social conditions and disability related to the mortality of older people in rural South Africa. Int J Epidemiol 43: 1531-1541.
- 8. Holt-Lunstad J, Smith TB, Layton JB (2010) Social relationships and mortality risk: a meta-analytic review. PLoS Med 7: e1000316.
- 9. Ikeda A, Iso H, Toyoshima H, et al. (2007) Marital status and mortality among Japanese men and women: the Japan Collaborative Cohort Study. BMC Public Health 7: 7.
- 10. Kandler U, Meisinger C, Baumert J, et al. (2007) Living alone is a risk factor for mortality in men but not women from the general population: a prospective cohort study. BMC Public Health 7: 335.
- 11. Rizzuto D, Fratiglioni L (2014) Lifestyle factors related to mortality and survival: a mini-review. Gerontology 60: 327-335.
- 12. Hoa NP, Rao C, Hoy DG, et al. (2012) Mortality measures from sample-based surveillance: evidence of the epidemiological transition in Vietnam. Bull World Health Organization 2012: 9.
- 13. Statistics Canada (2009) Mortality: Overview, 2008 and 2009.
- 14. Murphy SL, Xu JQ, KD. K (2012) Deaths: Preliminary data for 2010. National vital statistics reports. National Center for Health Statistics 60.
- 15. Minino AM, Murphy SL (2012) Death in the United States, 2010. NCHS Data Brief: 1-8.
- 16. General Statistics Office (2009) Results of the Household living standard surveys 2008,. Hanoi: Statistical Publishing House.
- 17. Mostafa G, van Ginneken JK (2000) Trends in and determinants of mortality in the elderly population of Matlab, Bangladesh. Soc Sci Med 50: 763-771.
- 18. Thang P, Hy DTK (2009) Overview of the policy on elderly care adapting to the changing age structure in Vietnam, 2009. Ha Noi: Population and Family Planning General Office, Vietnam’s Ministry of Health.
- 19. General Statistics Office (2010) Fertility and mortality levels in Vietnam: Current situation, Trends and Differences, 2010. Ha Noi: General Statistics Office. p. 31-50.
- 20. Gu D, Kelly TN, Wu X, et al. (2009) Mortality attributable to smoking in China. N Engl J Med 360: 150-159.
- 21. Eng PM, Rimm EB, Fitzmaurice G, et al. (2002) Social ties and change in social ties in relation to subsequent total and cause-specific mortality and coronary heart disease incidence in men. Am J Epidemiol 155: 700-709.
your name: * your email: *
Copyright Info: © 2016, Quyen Thi-Tu Bui, et al., licensee AIMS Press. This is an open access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licese (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0)