- RIS(for EndNote,Reference Manager,ProCite)
- Citation Only
- Citation and Abstract
Validation of a Brief CES-D Scale for Measuring Depression and Its Associated Predictors among Adolescents in Chi Linh, Hai Duong, Vietnam
1. Department of Hospital Management, Health Management Training Institute, Hanoi School of Public Health, 138 Giang Vo, Hanoi, Vietnam
2. Department of Biostatistics, Faculty of Fundamental Science, Hanoi School of Public Health, 138 Giang Vo, Hanoi, Vietnam
3. Department of Health Education, Faculty of Social Sciences, Behavior and Health Education, Hanoi School of Public Health, 138 Giang Vo, Hanoi, Vietnam
Received: , Accepted: , Published:
Citation: Nguyen Duc Thanh, Bui Tu Quyen, Truong Quang Tien. Validation of a Brief CES-D Scale for Measuring Depression and Its Associated Predictors among Adolescents in Chi Linh, Hai Duong, Vietnam. AIMS Public Health , 2016, 3(3): 448-459. doi: 10.3934/publichealth.2016.3.448
- 1. Yang L, Jia CX, Qin P. (2015) Reliability and validity of the Center for Epidemiologic Studies Depression Scale (CES-D) among suicide attempters and comparison residents in rural China. BMC Psychiatry 15: 76.
- 2. Guillemin F, Bombardier C, Beaton D. (1993) Cross cultural adaptation of health related quality of life measures: literature review and proposed guideline. J Clinic Epidemiol 46: 1417-32.
- 3. Ferro MA, Gorter JW, Boyle MH. (2015) Trajectories of Depressive Symptoms in Canadian Emerging Adults. Am J Public Health 105: 2322-7.
- 4. Wilson KT, Bohnert AE, Ambrose A, et al. (2014) Social, behavioral, and sleep characteristics associated with depression symptoms among undergraduate students at a women's college: a cross-sectional depression survey, 2012. BMC Womens Health 14: 8.
- 5. Langille D, Rasic D, Kisely S, et al. (2012) Protective associations of school connectedness with risk of depression in Nova Scotia adolescents. Can J Psychiatry 57: 759-64.
- 6. Lazaratou H, Dikeos DG, Anagnostopoulos DC, et al. (2010) Depressive symptomatology in high school students: the role of age, gender and academic pressure. Community Ment Health J 46: 289-95.
- 7. Asselmann E, Wittchen H-U, Lieb R, et al. (2015) The role of the mother–child relationship for anxiety disorders and depression: results from a prospective-longitudinal study in adolescents and their mothers. Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 24: 451-61.
- 8. Radloff LS. (1977) The CES-D Scale: A Self-Report Depression Scale for Research in the General Population. Appl Psychol Meas 1: 385-401.
- 9. Huong NT, Anh LV, Dunne MP. (2007) The validity and reliability of depression and anxiety scale in community-based research among adolescents in Vietnam. Vietnam J Public Health 7: 25-31.
- 10. Cartierre N, Coulon N, Demerval R. (2011) Confirmatory factor analysis of the short French version of the Center for Epidemiological Studies of Depression Scale (CES-D10) in adolescents. Encephale 37: 273-7.
- 11. Zhang B, Fokkema M, Cuijpers P LJ, et al. (2011) Measurement invariance of the center for epidemiological studies depression scale (CES-D) among chinese and dutch elderly. BMC Med Res Methodol 11: 74.
- 12. Wang M, Armour C, Wu Y, et al. (2013) Factor structure of the CES-D and measurement invariance across gender in Mainland Chinese adolescents. J Clin Psychol 69: 966-79.
- 13. Coman EN, Lordache E, Schensul JJ, et al. (2013) Comparisons of CES-D depression scoring methods in two older adults ethnic groups. The emergence of an ethnic-specific brief three-item CES-D scale. Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 28: 424-32.
- 14. Wang M, Armour C, Wu Y, et al. (2013) Factor structure of the CES-D and measurement invariance across gender in Mainland Chinese adolescents. J Clin Psychol 69: 966-79.
- 15. Rivera-Medina CL, Caraballo JN, Rodriguez-Cordero ER, et al. (2010) Factor structure of the CES-D and measurement invariance across gender for low-income Puerto Ricans in a probability sample. J Consult Clin Psychol 78: 398-408.
- 16. Linh LC, Nga NT, Thanh ND, et al. (2009) A longitudinal study of adolescents health at Chi Linh Field Laboratory, Hai Duong province, Vietnam: Findings of round 2. Research report, Hanoi School of Public Health.
- 17. Thanh ND, Linh LC. (2010) Validity and reliability of the depression scale for the youth and adolescent and related factors in Chi Linh district, Hai Duong province. Vietnam J Public Health 16: 33-41.
- 18. Hanh VT, Guillemin F, Cong DD, et al. (2005) Health related quality of life of adolescents in Vietnam: cross-cultural adaptation and validation of the Adolescent Duke Health Profile. J Adolesc 28: 127-46.
- 19. Robert Ho. (2006) Handbook of Univariate and Multivariate Data Analysis and Interpretation with SPSS: Chapman & Hall/CRC.
- 20. Peterson RA. (1994) A Meta-Analysis of Cronbach's Coefficient Alpha. J Consum Res 21: 381-91.
- 21. Hair JF, et al. (2006) Multivariate Data Analysis: Pearson Education International.
- 22. Silva WR, Dias JC, Maroco J, et al. (2015) Factors that contribute to the body image concern of female college students. Rev Bras Epidemiol 18: 785-97.
- 23. Chen JQ, Dunne MP, Han P. (2004) Child sexual abuse in China: a study of adolescents in four provinces. Child Abuse Neglect 28: 1171-86.
- 24. Gellis ZD. (2010) Assessment of a Brief CES-D Measure for Depression in Homebound Medically Ill Older Adults. J Gerontol Soc Work 53: 289-303.
- 25. Linh LC, Nga NT, Thanh ND, et al. (2008) Health status of adolescents and youth at Chi Linh district - Hai Duong province: Preliminary findings from first round of longitudinal study at Chililab. J Public Health 5.
- 26. Huong NT. (2006) Child Maltreatment in Vietnam: Prevalence and associated mental and physical health problems (Doctoral thesis). The Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia.
- 27. Choo WY. (2006) Child maltreatment in multicultural context: prevalence, risk factors, and associated health and behavioral consequences (Doctoral thesis). The Queensland University of Technologies, Brisbane, Australia.
- 28. Hailemariam S, Tessema F, Asefa M, et al. (2012) The prevalence of depression and associated factors in Ethiopia: findings from the National Health Survey. Int J Ment Health Syst 6: 1-11.
This article has been cited by:
- 1. Duong Minh Duc, Le Thi Vui, Hoang Ngoc Son, Hoang Van Minh, Smoking Initiation and Cessation among Youths in Vietnam: A Longitudinal Study Using the Chi Linh Demographic—Epidemiological Surveillance System (CHILILAB DESS), AIMS Public Health, 2016, 4, 1, 1, 10.3934/publichealth.2017.1.1
your name: * your email: *
Copyright Info: © 2016, Nguyen Duc Thanh, et al., licensee AIMS Press. This is an open access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licese (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0)