- RIS(for EndNote,Reference Manager,ProCite)
- Citation Only
- Citation and Abstract
Crude oil degradation potential of bacteria isolated from oil-polluted soil and animal wastes in soil amended with animal wastes
1 Department of Environmental Management and Toxicology, Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun, Nigeria
2 Department of Microbiology, Delta State University, Abraka, Nigeria
Received: , Accepted: , Published:
2. Andrade MI, Covelo EF, Vega FA, et al. (2004) Effect of the Prestige oil spill on salt marshsoils on the coast of Galcia (Northwestern Spain). J Environ Qual 33: 2103-2110.
3. Odokuma LO, Dickson AA (2009) Bioremediation of a crude oil polluted tropical mangrove environment. J Appl Sci Environ Manage 7: 23-29.
4. Irving A, Mendelssohn GL, Andersen DM, et al. (2012) Oil Impacts on Coastal Wetlands: Implications for the Mississippi River Delta Ecosystem after the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill. BioScience 62: 562-574.
5. Das N, Chandran P (2011) Microbial degradation of petroleum hydrocarbon contaminants: an ovieview. Biotechnol Res Int 9: 18-23.
7. Sherry A, Grant RJ, Aitken CM, et al. (2014) Volatile hydrocarbons inhibit methanogenic crude oil degradation. Front Microbiol 5: 131-139.
8. Wang J, Yin J, Ge L, et al. (2011) Characterization of oil sludge from two oil fields in China. Energy Fuel 24: 973-978.
9. Chikere CB, Surridge K, Okpokwasili GC, et al. (2012) Dynamics of indegenious bacterial communities associated with crude oil degradation in soil microcosms during nutrient enhanced bioremediation. Waste Manage Res 30: 325-323.
10. Orji FA, Ibiene AA, Uzomba PC, et al. (2012) Cow dung and water hyacinth nutrient powder: good sources of limiting nutrients for bioremediation of hydrocarbon polluted mangrove swamps in the Niger Delta, Nigeria. Nigerian J Agr Food Environ 8: 52-58.
11. Umar AF, Tahir F, Larkin M, et al. (2012) In-situ biostimulatory effect of selected organic wastes on bacterial atrazine biodegradation. Adv Microbiol 2: 587-592.
12. Ejechi BO, Ozochi CA (2015) Assessment of the physicochemical and microbiological status of western Niger Delta soil for crude oil pollution bioremediation potential. Environ Monit Assess 187: 369.
14. Goodfellow M, Whitman W, Kämpfer P, et al. (2012) Bergey's Manual of Systematic Bacteriology. Vol. 5. Springer-Verlag, New York.
15. Ryan J, George E, Abdul R (2001) Soil and plant analysis laboratory manual. 2nd Edition. Syria: International Centre for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA).
16. Okolo JC, Amadi EN (2004) Optimising crude oil biodegradation in a sandy loam soil using a mixture of cow dung and poultry manure. Int J Agr Rural Dev 5: 69-76.
17. Agarry SE, Aremu MO, Aworanti OA (2013) Kinetic modelling and half-life study on enhanced soil bioremediation of bonny light crude oil amended with crop and animal-derived organic wastes. J Petroleum Environ Biotechnol 4.2.
18. Macaulay BM (2015) Understanding the behavior of oil-degrading microorganisms to enhance the microbial remediation of spilled petroleum. Appl Ecol Environ Res 13: 247-262.
19. Singh SN, Kumari B, Mishra S (2012) Microbial degradation of alkanes. In: Microbial Degradation of Xenobiotics. pp. 439-469. In: Singh SN (ed.) Environmental Science and Engineering, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2012.
Copyright Info: © 2017, Bernard O. Ejechi, et al., licensee AIMS Press. This is an open access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licese (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0)